Best Breakout Performances of 2010
I am very proud of the performances of great leading men like Colin Firth and James Franco this year, but when it comes to the breakout performances of 2010, this one belongs almost entirely to the girls. I hope you enjoy the list.
5. Hailee Steinfeld-True Grit: I am not the biggest fan of the film True Grit, but what made the film so intriguing to me was the ability of this young actress to carry herself so well through such a gritty movie and still be able to look like the star next to leading men like Matt Damon and Jeff Bridges.
4. Emma Stone- Easy A: I have noticed this girl in her silly and ditzy performances as “that girl” in Superbad and Zombieland. But, I never would have expected the comedic talent of this actress. Her performance in Easy A made this dumb teen comedy completely hilarious dry humor and quips. I expect to see great things from this girl.
3. Andrew Garfield- The Social Network: This young Brit truly was one of the best parts of the social network for me and gave a very thought provoking performance as the Facebook founder’s unknown co-founder. If he was not up against such great supporting performances like Christian Bale, I would give this boy the Oscar
2. Chloe Mortez- Kick Ass: If you have seen the film Kick Ass, I don’t think I even have to explain the pure awesomeness of this girls performance. But, if you haven’t Chloe gave by far the most hilariously shocking performance as the murderous super hero, Hit-Girl. I have not seen her in the new vampire flick Let Me In, but I expect another mind blowing performance.
1. Mia Wasikowska- Alice in Wonderland, The Kids are Alright: I would like to be the first to start the campaign for this young actress to get an Oscar nod for her astounding performance in The Kids Are Alright. However, this young Aussie actor will remain under the radar for her performance as a girl truly losing her innocence, but she will remain in my mind the breakout actor of 2010.